Are you working to support dyslexic students' literacy needs without clear direction?
We’ve got the solution!
Looking for a great deal? Speech Therapy Solution Members have access to our best offer. Get in on the 33% off membership for the life of your membership.
You could be adding OG-based literacy instruction into your practice in no time.
With a membership to our subscription-based curriculum you get:
- Access to 3 levels of research-based curriculum: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Each lesson contains a 5-10 minute video walk-through, a scripted instructor manual, a student workbook and home practice activities
- A year’s worth of lessons that are systematic, explicit, and designed to target the needs of struggling readers
- Additional materials for every lesson; hands-on games, differentiated spelling lists, writing prompts, and multi-sensory activities are at your finger-tips through our resource library
- Targeted and prescriptive assessment tools: Pre/post tests and progress monitoring tools designed to inform your instruction and provide timely data
- Membership to our online community to get your questions answered, collaborate with other educators, and get real-time support with our curriculum
- The opportunity to request new materials and features to be added so that you can feel 100% confident in your instruction
Not ready to jump in just yet? By downloading our FREE SMARTER Reading Intervention for SLPs toolkit, you will have all the information and materials necessary to support dyslexic students on your caseload. Using this FREE toolkit will help your students close the gap and gain proficiency in literacy skills. All you need is a binder and we will send you everything else via digital download. Bonus points if you want to grab something to carry some OG essentials to your next session!
The SMARTER Reading Intervention Toolkit will help you:
Here’s a snapshot of what you get with the digital download of the SMARTER Reading toolkit:
How do I sign up for the SMARTER toolkit?
Enter your email address here and we will send you your password to access the SMARTER toolkit for SLPs.
In addition to this, you will get a welcome email that has additional resource links and information about research-based reading intervention.
You will have everything you need right at your fingertips to begin transforming your struggling readers as soon as tomorrow!
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Is this part of my scope?
Yes! Speech-language pathologists are one of the best possible professionals to be supporting these students! Check out our blog post on Why SLPs are Uniquely Qualified to Support Struggling Readers!
Is this Orton-Gillingham?
Orton-Gillingham is an approach, it's not a curriculum. We based our SMARTER Intervention curriculum specifically around the key components of this highly effective, research-based intervention. Find out more about the key components of the Orton-Gillingham methodology in this 30-minute course.
How much time per day does this take?
Since our materials are all electronic, you can quickly and easily download and print what you need when you need it; lessons, games, writing prompts, additional activities. You can use our lessons and resources to provide a short 10-minute mini-lesson for push-in instruction, and then break into small groups to go deeper into the skills and strategies. We provided a framework for you that supports this important work in 20-30 minute small groups, depending on the time you have available.
How does this compare to other literacy programs?
Other programs are what we consider incidental phonics. This means that phonetic rules are taught as they appear or pop-up in books. There is no system or road map to teach progressive rules and this is extremely confusing and overwhelming to students – especially our students with language delays and our struggling readers. Our program builds on itself, it is systematic starting with the simplest concepts or phonograms and moving to more complex skills gradually. This allows students to build a solid foundation of letter/sound and syllable rules that they will rely on as they begin decoding bigger words.
Our program is comprehensive and offers a truckload of stuff – for an insanely affordable price! We not only provide an entire school years’ worth of lessons, but we have games, writing prompts, and additional activities that align with every lesson. This means we have given you everything you need for your intervention including session materials, homework, assessment resources, progress monitoring tools, and additional activities for students who need more time on a concept.